I have mentioned in one of my previous post about the top 6% and how they were able to get the significant spiritual transformation in Ramadan and how that is linked mainly with their ability to be consistent during the 3 asharas of Ramadan.
But the hard question that made me think was that why only 6% of the population got the transformational results, while the rest of the population of about 94% got ‘something – to-nothing’ out of last Ramadan according to their own feedback.
Upon thinking about this issue bit more thoroughly, I believe the reason has to do more with how we approach Ramadan.
You see, for most people, Ramadan is just another month and we take it for granted, so we approach it like any other month.
Most of us approach Ramadan being stuck in our 9 to 5 routine and now all of a sudden with the sighting of the Ramadan moon trying to adjust our long, developed, stubborn mindset, attitudes, habits and lifestyle with that of Ramadan.
One thing is for certain, you cannot get the most out of Ramadan if you continue to act, live and be the same person like you were a month before.
If you are uneasy to make adjustments to your sleep patterns, your eating habits and your energy level, things are not good for you, unless Allah (swt)’s mercy takes a grip of you.
Allah’s help surely comes, but only for those who take the first step themselves.
And while that is the case with the majority of us that our lifestyle in the 11 months is 180 degrees of the lifestyle we want to adopt during Ramadan.
Therefore, most of the time & energy is lost in getting adjusted, becoming comfortable and making progress with the new setup.
And probably when most people get easy, Ramadan is almost towards its end. And we end up with our continuous regret cycle.
The only way to break that cycle is at least go through a preparatory loop so that you can make the most out of Ramadan.
More on my findings later In’sha’Allah….
If you want to turn the situation around sign up for the Ramadan Advantage online workshop, which last year helped hundreds of people broke that vicious loop by the blessings of Allah (swt).